Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Thoughts

I love thanksgiving for the simple fact that it is probably the only holiday which has remained somewhat un-commercialized. Sure you spend loads of time at the grocery store the days before but that's different because you're buying food for family dinner. Thanksgiving is about spending time with people you care about and people you are thankful for, and my thanksgiving was nothing short of that.

Holidays are BIG in my family, so we make a BIG deal out of them. If not for holidays, every day would be the same as the next so we make it a point to celebrate each and every one of them, to create memories that serve as milestones in our journey through life.

A lot of thought went into this year's dinner. My sister and I spent weeks putting together a menu and envisioning a set up that would qualify this year as the best thanksgiving EVER.
Here are some pics of our table. (We prepped for 19 people this year! whew!)



This holiday also marks the beginning of my most favorite time of the year! I absolutely LOVE the holiday season and everything about it! Hope you all had a blessed thanksgiving :)

No comments: