Sunday, September 7, 2008

Passport to Love

Here are some pictures of our invitations. These babies were nearly the death of me, but we so wanted to do something unique and play on the travel theme. They were printed on Stardream paper by the lovely Pixies at Prim and Pixie. The assembly was probably our most labor intensive DIY. It was a painfully, frustrating process but after all is said and done, I love the final product and I think it got our guests excited about our day.






BTW, I've been asked quite a bit about the calligraphy on the envelopes. In spite of what the experts at Paper Source told us, we were able to print on stardream envelopes. I patiently hand fed the envelopes (purchased from envelopemall.com) into our regular, old laser printer and the hubs sat there with the embossing gun and carefully dried each one. We were told that the ink would not stick to the paper but the intense heat from the embossing gun remedied that problem. Note: Leave it on a second too long and you'll be left with a burnt envelope and a cursing fiance.

And I don't think I ever shared our save the dates on this blog. So here is a picture of the postcards I designed and had printed through vistaprint....

7 comments:

Rachee said...

ahhh, I love your invites so, so much!

So creative and utterly adorable.

It reminds me of the yearbook my senior year, I was photo editor and the theme was traveling. In fact, it looked like a giant passport.

Jen and Bern said...

Absolutely amazing! Every detail is fabulous!

.reese. said...

Oh my word!!! Those are gorgeous!! You just set the bar for me. I hope I can come up with something just as fabulous on my own!

Tiffany said...

OMG.

totally impressed with the entire invitation suite and the save the dates. you have some talent lady!

hand feeding AND embossing envelopes - now that's patience!

nita said...

too fab!

Good Girl Gone Blog said...

Hi Vanessa! Dania told me about your blog. Your invitations are so incredibly lovely and creative. I'm very impressed!

XO,

Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think that's the most creative and fabulous invitation I've ever seen. I have the case of invitation envy. Puts my DIY invites to shame.