Thursday, January 17, 2008

What could I possibly complain about now?!

Glad you asked! lol


For the love of all things bridal, can the USPS please make a postcard stamp other than the blue panther one they are featuring right now?!

I FINALLY finish addressing 100 save the date postcards and they are ready to go, pending postage. So as a proud bride, I lined up at the post office (quite an adventure of its own!) , waited nearly 20 minutes only to find out that this is the only 26 cent stamp the USPS is printing...

Nothing about this stamp screams wedding, vintage, love, markessa, nothing! The thought of placing them on my color coordinated stationary simply kills me. Here are my options...
  • Zazzle - zazzle.com is an awesome sight that allows you to create your own custom stamp or purchase one that someone has designed. This is real US postage and they ship free overnight but its gonna slice a good $60 off our bank account. It's not too terrible unless you compare it to the incredible price of $9.99 which we spent on the postcards (I love VistaPrint!) And I was so stoked on my savings...
  • Option 2 is to buy the cool looking 41 cent stamps at the post office and use it on our 26 cent postcards. Mark hates this idea and can you blame him?!
I asked around for some second opinions and the general concensus was that I should just get over it. And I promise, I swear, I did try! But unfortunately, if no one in the world notices but me... that is usually more than enough reason for me to do the irrational - in this case, purchase the unneccesary po$tage for the postcards. PEOPLE, it took me 2 days & 3 different stores to find the perfect pen I should use to address the damn things! [ I recognize I have a problem - Im hoping its just wedding related, but truthfully I know it's not :/ ] Mark, if you are reading this I bought the 39 cent ones instead of the 41 cent ones if that makes it any better. I already know what you're going to say, just like you already knew how this would end. Another reason I adore you :)

I can easily be called a lot of things at this point but I think every bride has moments like this. Maybe it's not postage, but everyone gets caught up on something. I hate to end on a negative note so I will find the positive in all this..... give me a minute.....

I guess the positive would be that if this is the only thing I can think of ranting about, then I'm doing alright. I am laying in my warm bed, amused with my obsessive compulsive behaivor, and I can hear Mark in the shower singing "holla back girl" - Life is good :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, all the hard work paid off...

The save the dates came out perfect! Even with a perfectly matching stamp.

Thank you for not using that ugly blue one. (Sorry Mark)