Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You say Taffeta, I say Ta - FETA!

However you say it, the bridesmaids and I decided that it was pretty much the biggest upset of 2007...

Realizing that it is all a matter of opinion, I cautiously warn you not to fall in love with a brown palette taffeta. Wait, that's not fair... How 'bout DO NOT fall in love with any dress you have seen only online and not in person. Unless of course, you are looking to be disappointed when all of your bridesmaids pick out dresses online, only to find out that their choices would be comparable to that of a paper mache do it yourself project. Thankfully, this truth was discovered before we had ordered but still, I should have known better.

My next piece of advice... I hate to break it to you, but you DO care what they wear. You may think you don't, but you do; Trust me on this one. It's not that I blatantly didn't care - I just wanted them to pick out their own dresses & wear whatever they feel amazing in. I honestly thought this was the simplest way to do it. SHA-RIGHT! Fast forward 10 weeks later and I think we all have learned that all brown dresses are not made equally, in any sense of the word. Lesson learned: if you are going to go this route, do the research before throwing your bridesmaids to the wolves. I would recommend nailing down the designer, fabric, and color beforehand so that you have seen the dresses they are picking from before they even start searching. Ok I'm getting off my soap box now...

Good news - GREAT news actually - 2 of 4 bridesmaids have chosen a dress! Thank you Bari Jay for making a chocolate brown charmeuse that looks like chocolate brown charmeuse :)
They are going to be smoking hot in these...



Woo hoo! Just 2 naked bridesmaids to go :)
(oh and 2 moms, 2 flower girls, 3 ring bearers, 4 groomsmen, and a groom - *sigh*)

No comments: