Friday, February 1, 2008

La Luna de Miel

That's spanish for Honeymoon. How beautiful does that sound?!

Just for the sake of fun facts (my maid of honor loves fun facts), I researched a little about the history of honeymoons and this is what I came up with...

From Wikipedia:

The Merriam-Webster dictionary reports the etymology as from "the idea that the first month of marriage is the sweetest." A honeymoon can also be the first moments a newly-wed couple spend together, or the first holiday they spend together to celebrate their marriage. In many parts of Europe it was traditional to supply a newly married couple with enough mead for a month, ensuring happiness and fertility. From this practice we get honeymoon or, as the French say, lune de miel.

My darling fiance and I have not found an answer yet when people ask us where we will be going on our honeymoon. This is entirely because we are concerned about the amount of mead we will have, or not have, post wedding day. We had planned on postponing this until a later date, but the more intense this is all getting, the more I think we will want to take at least a mini vacation afterwards. The thought of some relaxing alone time after the sweetest day of our lives sounds heavenly. So if I can convince the fiance to hop up on cloud nine with me, where should we go?

Neither have us have ever been to Hawaii...
This bride is always down for a NYC trip...
Also contemplating Costa Rica, Cabo, Puerto Vallarta...
REALLY want to make my way to Thailand or Malaysia, Mark wants Rome & Italy but all those last ones will have to wait till a later anniversary...

No comments: